Need to reduce your credit access to help you take control of your money? You can close your credit card account online or ask us to close it for you.
How do I close my credit card account?
You can do it through our Mobile App or Latitude Service Centre by following these simple steps.
- Open the app and select your card.
- Tap on the menu option in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Close account request from the Manage account.
- You’ll need to provide your personal details and then you can submit your request.
Latitude Service Centre
- Log in and click on Manage account from the menu on left of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Close Account Request.
- Your account balance will need to be zero before you can submit a closure request.
- You will need to need to provide your personal details before submitting your request.
Alternatively, complete the online Close my Credit Card form here.
- Once your request is processed, your card becomes inactive.
- The total balance owing on the credit card must be settled before the account is fully closed.
- Don’t forget to change over any direct debits made from this card to an alternative payment method.
- Once your account is closed it cannot be re-opened and will require that you re-apply if you change your mind. This will be treated as a new application and will be subject to our lending criteria.
- This request can only be submitted by the account holder. If you are an appointed attorney, please send us a certified copy of the Power of Attorney document if you have not provided it previously.