Looking to clear the balance on your account? The quickest way to check the amount you need to pay is via our Latitude Mobile App or Latitude Service Centre.
A payout figure will provide you with the amount to clear your card balance on a specific date. This can include any outstanding balance, payment handling fees, paper statement fees and accrued interest.
Important: Paying the payout figure does not automatically close your account. If you are looking for more information on closing your account, click here.
Short on time? No problem, our Mobile App is the quickest way to request a payout figure. Simply follow the below steps:
- Click on your chosen card
- Tap on the Manage My Account menu
- Tap on Request a Payout Figure
- Select the date for payout and choose your preferred payment method
Once you have done the above, your payout figure will be displayed. You can then save this or take a screenshot.
Keep in mind that you can request a payout figure up to your payment due date.
Latitude Service Centre (LSC)
Once you are logged into the LSC, you can go to Make a Payment and you will see the updated amount in the Current balance field.
This is a great way to pay out your debt if you want to keep your account open to use in the future. Any associated payment fees or interest charges you incur between making your payment and the funds clearing will be on your next statement.
Please ensure that you include an extra amount in your payment to cover payment fees (if applicable) or any re-occurring interest charges on your account.
- The payout figure may change if any transactions or charges have not yet been processed or debited from your account, or if interest rates change after the payout figure is obtained.
- The amount required to pay out your card may change if the full amount is not received by the stipulated date in the letter. A revised payout figure should be obtained after that.
- Requesting a payout figure does not mean you are required to pay out your credit card.
- Paying your account balance to zero will not close your account; a further request will be required. Find more information here