We understand that this is a difficult time and we will do our best to make this process as easy as possible.
It is important to let us know of the passing of your family member or friend as soon as possible. You can use our secure online Deceased Account Closure form to notify us of the situation, and we will guide you through the process of finalising any Latitude account/s held by the deceased.
Here is what you’ll need to complete the form:
- Your personal details: fill in your personal details, such as name, email address and mobile number. We need these details to keep you updated on the progress of your request.
- Deceased customer details: Please provide their personal details, such as name, date of birth, date of death, last 4 digits of credit card/loan account number they held.
- Executor’s name and contact details.
- Evidence/Supporting Documents select and upload a one of the following:
- Certified copy of death certificate
- Certified copy of medical certificate
- Certified copy of coroner’s report
Important: The above documents can only be certified by an authorised person with signature stamped. An authorised person is:
- Judge of the court
- Justice of the Peace
- Finance Company Officer (with 5 or more years of continuous service experience)
- Notary Public
- A person from medical field who is currently licensed, etc.
When you're ready to submit your request, use our online form below:
What happens next?
We'll contact you to provide an update, or advise if any additional documents are required.
What happens to the account/s?
- Loans and Credit Card Accounts: Upon notification, we will immediately freeze all account/s held solely. Any credit balance will be refunded.
- Additional Cardholders: If the deceased person was an additional cardholder, the card will be cancelled.
- Joint Accounts: If the deceased person was a joint account holder, the other account holder will need to continue making repayments on this account. If there are any difficulties making your repayments, simply visit our Hardship Care page to find out how we can help.